Our Breema Practitioner Certificate Program is a wonderful way to add perspective and depth to any professional practice, and is also a great support for anyone who would like to bring more meaning and harmony to their interactions and relationships.
The Breema Center is responsible for Practitioner and Instructor Certification worldwide. It is also approved to offer various forms of continuing education (CE) credits.
This page has information on:
- Breema Practitioner Certificate Program
- Self-Breema Instructor Certification
- Breema Instructor Certification
- Continuing Education
If you have further questions, please contact the Breema Center.
Breema Practitioner Certificate Program
165 class hours
- Up to a maximum of 100 class hours in classes approved for Transfer Credit taught by any Certified Breema Instructor.
- 50 or more class hours at Breema Center Sponsored Intensives, including:
- 2 Practitioner Day workshops. Each Practitioner Day workshop is 6 hours. You will need a total of 12 or more hours. One Practitioner Day workshop is offered at each Breema Center Sponsored Intensive.
15 hours of Anatomy and Physiology classes.
These can be completed at another school or program, or through a home-study course from the Breema Center.
3 Touch Support Meetings with designated Instructors.
These will be scheduled by the Breema Center after enrollment in the Practitioner Certification Program.
One or more Support Meetings with members of the Certification Committee.
For students completing Certification requirements without attending classes at the Breema Center this can be done via Skype.
5 documented Breema Sessions.
These are to be done outside of Breema classes. Please contact the Center for more information about this requirement. Once you are a member of the Practitioner Certificate Program, you will be able to log in to this website to submit Breema Session Reports online, or you can use this pdf:
- Please note that practitioner certification is not guaranteed by completion of the hours requirements, and is awarded only after the Certification Committee is confident that a student is ready to safely and adequately practice and represent Breema. This means that the student must clearly show sufficient practical understanding of Breema’s Principles and philosophy in the way they practice Breema, and in the way they speak and write about Breema.
- Please note that the Breema Center does not offer any vocational placement, nor does it claim that graduates of the program should or will be able to pursue Breema as an income source. This is left entirely up to each graduate, and all applicable state and local laws must be followed in order to practice professionally.
- You can also download PDFs with this information and answers to frequently asked questions:
- Graduates of the Breema Practitioner Certificate Program are eligible for a 50% discount on most Breema Center classes.
- You may apply online.
- The application form is also available at the Breema Center office.
- You can download a PDF of the application and send it to: firstname.lastname@example.org or The Breema Center, 6076 Claremont Avenue, Oakland, CA 94618, U.S.A
- The Breema Center is approved to offer continuing education for massage practitioners and bodyworkers by the NCBTMB (#145251-00), registered nurses by the California BRN (#03852), and LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and LEPs by the CAMFT (#128568). The Breema Center maintains responsibility for its courses and their content.
- More information about continuing education offered by the Breema Center for CAMFT members:
Contact the Breema Center for more information
If you have any additional questions about applying for a certification program or CE credits, please contact the Breema Center.